Tuesday, December 6, 2016

“Power”


But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” I will all the more gladly boast of my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2 Corinthians 12:9

 


Reflecting on the story of the birth of Jesus reminds me that the circumstances then weren’t much different than circumstances today. Herod was in power over the Roman Empire. The odds were against Joseph and Mary—two ordinary people with no connections from a nowhere town. On top of all that, Herod is tipped off that there is a king coming. However, God’s will prevailed.
 
God chooses weakness to demonstrate power. “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness,” is what Paul conveyed from God. The bottom line is that the Christ Child is born into a dangerous and threatening world, and God’s will is done.
 
No matter where you are or what situation you find yourself, remember God uses our weaknesses to bring truth to life and life to truth.

Application

Next time you feel the situation is “just ordinary” reflect on how God is working through the situation.

Prayer

Father, strengthen my faith that I may see your power in my weakness.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment