Wednesday, November 23, 2016

“Contentment”


The Lord makes me lie down in green pastures; he leads me beside the still waters; he restores my soul.

 

Psalm 23:2-3

 


 
Our first home was in an area that backed up to the woods. The neighborhood had not yet developed, so seeing a deer in the backyard was not uncommon. Deer liked to come up in the yard on the soft grass out of the woods. They were a joy to watch. And we rarely did anything to scare or disturb their visits. It was a scene of peace.

 
There have been times in my life that weren’t scenes of peace. My place of employment laying-off and eliminating jobs due to the economy is as vivid scene of unrest. I was directly affected by the downturn in the economy. There were many days I felt stress; however, I knew where and how to find peace—God.
 
No one knows what tomorrow holds. But we do know the promise of today, and that God never changes.


Application

Where is the source of your unrest today?
 
Prayer

Father, thank you for being my constant and help me to always find rest in you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment