Wednesday, November 16, 2016

“Ride the Wave”


Mightier than the thunder of the great waters, mightier than the breakers of the sea—the Lord on high is mighty.

Psalm 93:4


 

I remember at an early age venturing out into the ocean to experience the waves. My father had a love for the ocean. He loved to be in the water and ride the waves. I remember how he taught my brother and me to back into the water to break the waves and how to ride a wave. After several jumps, splashes, dunks, and mouthfuls of water, we had the confidence to enjoy the water.
 
Learning to enjoy the ocean water is much like steering through life. The water is unpredictable and will take you down in an instant; however in the next sweep, you may have the ride of your life at the top of a wave. The wave that may knock my brother down may be the wave that I ride.
 
We cannot predict the hard or easy times of life; nor, can we always be prepared. God, however, knows and sees the waters of our life. We are never out of His sight. If we will keep our eyes on Him, he will navigate us as we ride the waves of life.
 
 
Application

Are you focused on what knocks you down or what can carry you through?
 
Prayer

Father, help me remember that you teach and guide. May I rest in you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment